Overnight oil stayed above Daily Pivot and globex low. Tested resistance at R2 pivots and yesterdays globex high. Retested daily pivot and globex low testing resistance a second time at R2.
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/14/2014 16:03 -0400
We started the week exuberant wearing the cleanest dirty shirt scoffing at the weakness of ‘foreign’ markets. By the end of the week, the Dow has dropped 5 days in a row in a week for the first time since May 2012 and the Nasdaq had its work week in 9 months. The S&P dropped back into the red for 2014 – despite a late-day ramp effort – tracking AUDJPY all day long once again. VIX surged above 18% (and term strcuture steepest since US downgrade) and credit spreads blew wider. Treasury yields tumbled 10-14bps on the week – the biggest drop since June 2012. Gold prices rose over 3% on the week to 6-month highs. Copper saw its biggest 2-week drop in 30 months. The USD slipped lower on EUR and JPY strength (JPY +1.9% – biggest surge in 7 months).
AUDJPY was in charge once again..
The S&P joins the Dow back in the red for 2014…
As All but Trannies and Russell lose post-Putin gains
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/14/2014 13:50 -0400
- *LAVROV SAYS RUSSIA, U.S. REMAIN AT ODDS ON UKRAINE: INTERFAX
- *LAVROV SAYS RUSSIA TO RESPECT `WILL’ OF CRIMEAN PEOPLE
Russia now has a massive force of tanks, troops, artillery, aircraft, and naval forces in position to potentially invade mainland Ukraine from Crimea in the south, but also from positions east and north of Ukraine.
- Firms to Face new Rules Over Pay, Taxes (WSJ)
- US to test commercial drones at six sites (CNN)
- China’s Local Debt Swells to 17.9 Trillion Yuan in Audit (BBG) – which is about 2 trillion less than where it actually is (Reuters)
- Fears after key China debt level soars 70% (FT) and in reality the debt level is saoring far more
- Pot Shops in Denver Open Door to $578 Million in Sales (BBG)
- China Says It Will Shun Abe After Shrine Visit (WSJ)
- De Blasio Taking Office Citing Wealth Gap as Crime Falls (BBG)
- China Approves $353 Million of Share Sales as IPOs Resume (BBG)
- Obama Seeks Way to Right His Ship (WSJ)
- Netflix Tests Subscription Fees Based on Number of Account Users (BBG)
- Three big macro questions for 2014 (FT)